For the communication with the Google Compute Engine interface, you need to enter Service Account Keys.
To create the Service Account Keys do the following steps:
Login into the Google Cloud Console.
Click in the left navigation on IAM & Admin and click on Service Accounts.
On the Service Accounts overview, go to Actions and click on Manage Keys.
- Click on Create new Key.
- Select Key type JSON and click on Create to download the Service Account Keys file.
- Open the downloaded file and paste the content into the Service Account Keys field.
- To enable Automatic Snapshots, click in the left menu on Google Compute Engine and then on the tab Settings.
- Select the Frequency and Retention Period and click on the button Save.
Four Snapshots will be created per day and deleted after seven days with the following configuration.
Snapshots are a central part of the Google Cloud Backup architecture—they allow you to create a point-in-time backup of a persistent disk attached to a virtual machine instance and save it to Google Cloud Storage. You can also rapidly restore a snapshot to a persistent disk.
To create a Snapshot, click in the left menu on Google Compute Engine and then on the tab Snapshots.
Click on the button Create Snapshot top right.
- Enter the Snapshot Name and click on Create.
- The Snapshot is now being created by the Google Compute Engine.