Create AWS Credentials
For the communication with Amazon Web Services, you need to enter AWS Credentials like AWS Access Key and AWS Secret Access Key.
To create AWS Access Keys do the following steps:
Login into the AWS Management Console.
Go to the IAM Service.
In the left menu, click on Users and click on the button Add users top right.
Enter a User name and select Access key - Programmatic access as credential type and click on the button Next: Permissions
- Click on Attach existing policies directly and select the AdministratorAccess policy and click on the button Next: Tags
Experienced AWS users should create AWS Access Keys with more fine granulated permissions.
Skip the Add tags (optional) step by clicking on the button Next: Review
Click on the button Create user to create the AWS Access Keys.
Copy the Access key ID and Secret access key.
- To enable Automatic Images, click in the left menu on Amazon Web Services and then on the tab Settings.
- Select the Frequency and Retention Period and click on the button Save.
With the following configuration, two Images will be created per day and held for 14 AMIs for seven days.
CloudPanel can create an Image of your instance on a defined frequency, e.g., Hourly, Every Three Hours, Every Six Hours, Every Twelve Hours, or Once per Day.
To create an Image, click in the left menu on Amazon Web Services and then on the tab Images.
Click on the button Create Image top right.
- Enter an Image Name and click on Create.
- The Image is now being created by Amazon Web Services. The Image status changes from Pending to Available when it's done.