On this page, we explain step by step how to run CloudPanel on an EC2 instance on Amazon Web Services.
Launching an EC2 Instance
1) Login into the AWS Management Console.
2) Click on the AMI ID to launch CloudPanel in your desired AWS Region.
Choose Instance Type
Choose your instance type and click on the button Next: Configure Instance Details
Select your network (VPC) and click on the button Next: Add Storage
Change the size of your EBS volume if needed. The default volume size of the home partition is 25 GB and can be increased later at any time.
Click on button Add Tag and enter Name as Key and in Value enter the name of your instance.
Configure Security Group
1) Create a security group with the following ports:
|Custom TCP Rule||TCP||8443||Your IP/32||CloudPanel Port|
|HTTP||TCP||80||Anywhere (0.0.0.0/0, ::/0)|
|HTTPS||TCP||443||Anywhere (0.0.0.0/0, ::/0)|
Select an existing key pair or create a new key pair.
When you select Create a new key pair enter a key pair name and Download Key Pair.
Click on the button Launch Instance to get your instance up and running.
Create Elastic IP Address
Having a static IP (Elastic IP Address) is needed for running web applications.
1) To create an Elastic IP Address click in the left navigation on Network & Security --> Elastic IPs.
2) Click on button Allocate Elastic IP address to create an Elastic IP Address.
3) Select the Allocated IP Address and Associate it to your launched instance.
You can now access the CloudPanel via Browser: https://yourElasticIpAddress:8443
Ignore the self-signed certificate warning and click on Advanced and Proceed to continue to CloudPanel.
With your previously created private key, you can connect to the instance via SSH.
Make sure that the private key has read-only (chmod 400) permissions.
With the following command you can become root.